Twitter is a powerful way to connect with new audiences. However, these visitors will require a lot more persistent attention to make them meaningful contributors to your bottom line.
This is possible by ensuring you have a solid lead funnel process. This will allow them to go from being Twitter followers to becoming paying customers.
Keep in mind that Twitter users are often still in the discovery stage and may need convincing to convert. The path to this can be simplified by focusing on maintaining contact and providing education-rich content to help build trust and bring that contact closer to your business goals.
Here are some useful tips, tools, and case studies to help you make the most of Twitter.
#1. Increase Click-Through Rate.
It is difficult to determine which tweets convert into leads, as the conversion is an issue on the page.
The following elements are generally included in Tweets that have the highest click-through rate and will allow your brand to convert social media traffic into leads.
- Images or pictures attached.
- Use 1-2 hashtags to identify trending topics or industry trends.
- To grab the attention of users, place a link at the end of each tweet.
Social media marketers can significantly increase click-through rates by combining these strategies. The rest of the work is a matter of conversion optimization.
#2. Post regularly.
Tweeting is crucial because a tweet can only last for around 20 minutes.
Social media leads don’t search for the solution as organic search users do. Therefore, there is a longer buying cycle. For example, you can share your blog post on Twitter and then capture the email address of anyone who clicks through. Then, follow-up can be done with additional content, and eventually, sales-converting offers.
#2. ASK QUESTIONS
Asking questions is a great way to increase your Twitter followers, because it’s one of the best ways for people to engage with you.
To find questions that are interesting on any topic, I use Text Optimizer. This tool uses semantic analysis to extract questions and concepts from Google search results. And it can help you find topic ideas that are relevant to your target audience.
3. Use direct message cards.
If you have a large following on Twitter, Twitter Direct Communication Cards may be a good way to generate leads.
To make Twitter’s Direct message cards work, you must be a Twitter advertiser. You must have entered your credit card information.
These ads are Twitter’s attempt to get away from lead generation campaigns. They encourage advertisers to use Twitter and can be especially effective in certain niches, such as the B2B industry.
4. Get to know your Promoters.
This is something my website encourages a lot – every time someone shares your content via Twitter, like, retweet, and thank them.
One of my goals is to retweet all tweets that promote my articles. This helps spread those shares even further. This helps my promoters get more followers and interactions, which in turn increases my reach every time they re-share my links.
Twitter marketing is a success because of the mutual collaboration.
Engage personally with Twitter leads
Study of a case: Gary Vaynerchuk closed an agreement worth 4 million by spending 17 minutes on Twitter.
The story and keynote are here (starting at 22:09 until about 26:30). Here’s how he did this:
- Step 1: Vaynerchuk entered the name of the CMO for the company he was “targeting.” Six leads were found, 2 of which are on Twitter.
- Step 2: Vaynerchuk subsequently followed both of the leads on Twitter.
- Step 3: Vaynerchuk did not pitch these people immediately – instead, he decided to follow what both of them were tweeting about via Twitter. Vaynerchuk is also very interested in Kolten Wong. Vaynerchuk was interested in Kolten Wong and decided to draft him into his fantasy baseball team. For obvious reasons, the CMO also drafted him. When Kolten Wong was tweeted by the CMO, Vaynerchuk joined the conversation and said that he had Kolten Wong on his fantasy baseball team. The tweet conversation went on.
- Step 4: The CMO finally started to pay more attention to Vaynerchuk’s Twitter account and asked him, “What’s Vaynermedia?” The CMO asked Vaynerchuk for a DM, and the rest is history.
Learn to engage with your leads by romping them and talking about their interests. Play the long game, then pitch your business when it is time.
5. Change your landing page.
Twitter may bring you clicks, but it is your landing pages that will determine if these clicks turn into leads.
There are many ways to improve the performance of your landing pages. You can use CRM tools to interact with your visitors on autopilot.
There are many ways that Twitter can be used to generate leads. However, as you can see, being active and engaging is key. You should also make sure that your interactions are structured and targeted. And then, make sure your landing page is well optimized for conversion.
These tips should help you get more leads from Twitter.